Thursday, September 11, 2008

Superstar

So the other day as Brandon and I were standing in line for school, his teacher walked up to me and shook my hand, saying "You are an amazing reading teacher!" She then proceeded to tell me that Brandon (who just started kindergarten), is reading at an almost second grade reading level. As much as I would have enjoyed taking credit for his superstar reading qualities, I told her that I had nothing to do with it, that he had basically taught himself.

Unbeknownst to me, while I was away working at night, Amanda was reading to her little brother, helping him pronounce words and encouraging him to read. So I must give credit where credit is due and praise my big girl Amanda for her outstanding work as a terrific big sister/reading coach. She has obviously done a fabulous job!

No comments: