Monday, January 26, 2009

Ouch ouch ouch...ouch.

I currently have the most painful sore throat in the history of sore throats! My left tonsil is HUGE, purple, and streaked with white. I don't know what that means, but it's not strep. I was disappointed that it didn't turn out to be strep. After all, when you tell someone you have it they automatically recoil...'cause strep HURTS! The doc was worried that because it's only on one side, it could possibly become...uh...well, I remember the words tonsil and abscess. So she put me on antibiotics to get ahead of the game just in case.

Swallowing is excruciating, so I try not to. Unfortunately not swallowing makes my throat dry...and makes the inevitable swallow horrific! I tried to take a picture of my nasty tonsil, as I've never seen such artwork at the back of my throat. The pictures came out looking almost obscene so I decided to put the camera away and spare all you readers the sight of my sickly throat.

I can't sleep, eat, drink, talk, focus, or otherwise maintain a normal existence at this point, which is why I'm sitting at the computer drooling out words with my fingers. If there's anything that I want to convey this morning, it's that I need sympathy and I need for this pain to stop! Nothing more, nothing less. That's not asking for much is it?

No comments: