Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love letter

This was a hand printed note on my door this morning:

3.11.09
1:25 AM

Hello,

My name is Jennifer and my mother lives below you in F-101. I am staying with her right now on bedrest from preterm labor. However its rather hard to be on bedrest when you are rather loud at ALL hours of the night.

I came and knocked on your door at 1:15 am to ask you to please be quite. I am sorry it was so late to come to your door, but please remember you have people below you. I hope to not have to go to your door again. Thank you for your understanding.

Jennifer

*meow*

Well, Jennifer, I find it rather ironic that this letter has come from the apartment that has had music blaring so loud on many occasions that I have been able to hear every word clearly. I was up and about my house late doing those things that people normally do during the day. For example, I emptied my dishwasher, folded laundry, cleaned off my kitchen table, and washed the bathroom sink...all while my children slept in the living room next to me. Ghastly, I know...

Not everyone has a 9-5 job my dear, and if you can't handle me being up ALL hours of the night, you need to find bed rest elsewhere. It's called apartment living. Deal with it. And while you're at it, please ask the garbage men to reschedule when they empty the dumpsters that are right outside my window...I'm tryin' to sleep.

**Update**
I chose not to write anything back to Miss Jennifer. Instead, I taped a packet of earplugs to her door. :)

No comments: