Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back on the information superhighway

I was going to title this post "Back to work," until I realized that being able to sit for a few minutes to blog is a relaxing luxury, not work. I kicked off the month of August with a triathlon and haven't stopped running since! My body has finally protested with a nasty cold, no voice, and a throat infection. I think it's time to stop running and surrender to its need for rest.

Besides trips to the doc and the pharmacy, I've done nothing today. The kids started school this morning, so I have taken the opportunity to be lazy. The past few weeks have been spent working my ridiculously long hours at the airport, moving from one apartment into another, cleaning, going to attorneys' meetings, moving, working, cleaning...it's all just a busy blur anymore.

The kids were troopers during the move, as we had to take about two thousand trips in our little car. Stuffing as much as we could into what little space we had, we took trip after trip, up and down a flight of stairs at each apartment. At one point I told Amanda to sit and rest for a while, to which she responded, "I don't want to rest, I'm a part of this too, Mom!" What was drudgery for me (and Brandon) was an adventure to her, and she worked her little fanny off.

The most exciting about the move for me has been that my kids now have a room of their own. As much as I would like to give each of them their own room, this is the best I can do right now and we're all OK with that. They have their bunk beds all set up, so no more sleeping on the living room futon, or the living room floor, or with me. I finally feel a little pride within myself for being able to provide a comfortable, good night's sleep for them.

Anyhoo, it's time to get the monsters from school. I hope to be writing more now that I'm back online, and hopefully I'll be able to collect my thoughts enough to post with substance. This post feels patchy and has been difficult to write, only because I'm having difficulty putting my thoughts together. There are just too many of them!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, good to see you back! Carol and Gene