Sunday, October 11, 2009

Long day

Today I started my new shift, 10:30 am until 7:00 pm.  It was the longest day of my life.  Seriously.  I find it a little irritating that I was at the airport two hours less than my previous shift, yet it felt like I was there FOREVER.  I blame it on the first day of a shift change, because that's what always happens.  It's torture.  But what also happens is that I eventually adjust and nothing is ever as bad as the first day.

Other than the day seeming to last forever and ever, it was not bad in and of itself.  I enjoyed the people I worked with and I look forward to getting to know them better.  I think it will be a good six months.

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kim, I know the feeling. I remember years ago When I worked At Cody Hospital they switched me to the night shift. It was only 8 hours but I thought I would never make it and it went on forever. I did everything in my power to stay awake. You didn't dare sit down or it would be all over for you. It finally did get better had to get a few shifts under my belt before I settled into the routine. Hang in there. Love and Prayers Carol