Sunday, February 14, 2010

Making a living

I would love to not have to work anymore. So I'm pretty much like 100% of the working population out there. I frequently get bitten by the creative bug and when that happens I usually produce a half-assed drawing, or a few photos, or an attempt at a painting. Then the bug has its fill and leaves for a few months.

This time the bug is inside me and is setting up shop. Something different is happening, a desire like I've never had before. I almost feel a desperation of sorts to find a way to make a living off my art (photos, drawings, music, writing). Then work wouldn't be work, it would be getting paid to play. Wouldn't that be amazing??

I'm pretty sure I can pinpoint the reason the bug is different this time. I have wanted to write a song for eons, but every time I begin I get frustrated and give up almost immediately. A few weeks ago I got the idea of my Asscracks at the Airport song, and while it is no masterpiece, it is complete. For the first time ever, I sat down, found my words, hashed out the melody, and figured out the chords for the guitar. My little airport ditty, as silly and crazy as it may be, has given me the determination and self-confidence that I have always lacked but desperately wanted.

My blog is the perfect vehicle for sharing my art with the world, and if I can get enough readers and traffic, it is possible I could get revenue from advertisements...and make me a living. I know it can happen, but I can't do it without your help. Those of you who are regular readers, I give you a huge THANK YOU!! If you like what I have to offer, spread the word! If you are new to my blog, buckle in because it can be a bumpy ride.

Anyhoo, thank you for reading and for giving me the chance to share myself with you all. Happy reading!

Kim :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so very welcome. I am so sorry I did not get to view your video. Java script problem, its seems to happen a lot. Not what the problem is. Good luck to you anyway! Carol