Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bike ride

I managed to squeak in a last-minute dentist appointment to fix the cavity brewing in one of my upper canines. Who cares about the decay, I'm just tired of people thinking I have food stuck between my teeth.

Anyway, I was left with the usual numbness on the right side of my top lip, but half of my nose is also numb. Feels like someone punched me in the face and landed square on my right nostril. As soon as I left the torture chamber...er...dentist's office, I received a phone call that my bike was finished being tuned up in the shop. YAY! Now I can add bike training to my list of things to do for my upcoming triathlon. That and running. And swimming. And trying not to die.

I crapped out a five-mile bike ride as soon as I could, and I imagined the spectacle I very well could have been without really knowing it. Snot dripping out my nose, drool climbing out my mouth. I tried several times to swig some water out of a bottle but I don't know how much got in.

When I got home I was disappointed to see that I looked normal, that all I had to offer to the world was a sweating, breathless blob of myself who wished she would have swung by Taco Bell on her two-wheeled travels. The bugs didn't quite fill me up...

3 comments:

Bobi Jensen said...

This post made me smile :)

Anonymous said...

And so is life in the day of an Athlete. keep drooling and keep pumping! Keep your eye on the prize!! Grandma

The Accidental Somebody said...

To both of you... thank you for your comments! They make ME smile! :)