Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ghost

Ghost...what a great movie!  Watched it last night and as soon as the opening credits appeared, along with that beautifully erie soundtrack, I was taken back to when I was 15 years old and my sister Amy and I saw it at the theater downtown.  If I'm not mistaken, that was the night she began her relationship with her now husband, and I'm thrilled to have been a part of history in the making.  That night also began a critical but sad period in my life when I had to learn to do without the sister with whom I was always joined at the hip.  She was smitten and I was to learn the art of occasional third-wheelery.

But I digress...the best memory I have of that night, that still cracks me up when I think about it, is how much I cried at the end.  As Sam and Molly were saying their last goodbyes, I blubbered so loud the girl in front of me turned around and asked me if I was ok.  No I wasn't ok, HE WAS LEAVING AND SHE COULD SEE HIM AND HE HAD TO GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT WAAAAAAAAAA!

Anyhoo, it was a bit extra sad seeing it again, especially since Patrick Swayze is really...well, dead.  Despite his horrible acting, I enjoyed seeing his adorable face and Ghost will forever live on inside my tender blubbering heart.

No comments: