Monday, February 12, 2018

The Healing Room

There's a spare room in our house that's all mine.  ALL MINE (having said that, anyone is welcome to use it).  It's a tiny little room meant to be a bedroom, and I spent almost three months making it into exactly what I wanted - a sort of meditation/yoga/quiet room, and I'm not disappointed with how it turned out.  Granted, it's very sparse and not exactly what you'd write home about, but it is the most calm, peaceful room I've ever had and I absolutely love it. 

SO.  If you're ever in town, or staying at our house, or whatever, and you want to sit in a very awesome space, come to the Healing Room.  It's perfect for what ails you...

In one corner is a little quarter-pallet I stole from work and sanded and refinished, not really knowing what I'd do with it but feeling it would find a home in the Healing Room.  It quickly became a good place for a candle (more candles to come eventually) and the Himalayan salt lamp (which has a candle inside) that I got from Amanda for Christmas.  It also holds various trinkets and books I find valuable.


 One of my most treasured trinkets is a little tiny (maybe 1" tall) figurine of The Buddha.





Another treasure, the meditation cushion Erik got me for Christmas.


And last but not least, a little spot for Charlie.  He loves hanging out with me while I'm reading, or meditating, or writing, or even when I do yoga.  Doesn't hurt that he gets a treat whenever he lays down in his bed like the good boy he is.



No comments: