Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Permission to speak

I'm not going to write a lot tonight because I'm exhausted and need to be getting to sleep. I just want to touch on something quickly, then within the next week or so I'll go into more detail. On Friday Dave (my ex) checked himself into a treatment facility to help with his alcohol addiction.

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad that I'm writing about this, know that he gave me permission to do so. It's an experience that I feel needs to be shared and spoken about, as we surely aren't the only people in the world going through this. Maybe there is someone reading who needs to hear about what he is going through and maybe... just maybe... his story will help.

Life feels upside down right now (and if you saw my apartment you would agree...), so when I feel capable of doing a post justice, I'll write more. Until then, if you are a praying person please keep Dave in your prayers for a successful recovery. If you aren't a praying person, please keep him in your thoughts that he will take this opportunity and turn his life around. He's never needed it more.

Thank you...

No comments: