Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A couple of weeks ago Dave and I talked on the phone for about an hour and a half. It was a good talk, I felt there was good communication and I felt we ended up in a very good place. It was not a talk of reconciliation, but one of surrendering to the glaring fact that we would never make it again as husband and wife. I had felt this way for quite some time, and he finally admitted the same feelings. Finally we were on the same page...or close to it.

Tonight he treated me and the kids to a dinner at Cinzettis, a fabulous Italian restaurant I've been telling him about for a couple of months. We all had such a great time! Great food, good conversation, and no expectations other than to enjoy each other as friends and as parents to our two monsters. Later on in the evening we chatted on the phone a few times about things that have been going on, had many laughs, and again enjoyed what we have found with each other.

While I can't speak for Dave, I will say that I am so pleased with how we are handling our separation. There have been so many bad, rough times...ones that I will never speak of as it puts neither of us in good light. I am proud that we have committed ourselves to keeping the kids out of the mess we made, and making the best of a bad situation. I hope this continues, that we can forever be the best of friends while living our lives independent of each other.

No comments: