Thursday, February 26, 2009

I don't wanna...

I've decided to try for a promotion at work - I'm not sure I want the responsibility that would come with said promotion, but I seriously need the money. With the application comes writing about 352 essay questions...ok there aren't that many, but it sure seems like it. I've sat down several times to answer these questions and my brain simply won't function like it needs to.

I love to write...but I can't just flip a switch and get the gears moving. I have to be inspired...yes, even for silly essay questions on a job application. When I'm in the mood to write, the planets align and my mind opens up and disgorges out my fingertips. I'm not saying I'm a good writer, but it is certainly cathartic and calming.

When I have to write and I don't want to, not only does my mind not open, it deadbolts itself and refuses entry. It is closed for business. I'm like a stubborn little kid...uh uh, I don't want to!! But I have to, and soon. No pressure.

I would appreciate it if someone...anyone could send some inspiration my way, but make sure it has to do with the policies and procedures of TSA SOP. I will pay you... :)

No comments: