Sunday, March 22, 2009

Off to Estes

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I have lived in Denver for over seven years and just went to Estes Park for the first time a few days ago. I don't know why I've never been up there before, I love the mountains and especially love little mountain towns.

Early Saturday morning the garbage men woke me up (Jennifer must not have given them the memo?) and I couldn't get back to sleep. So I decided to take myself on a journey to Estes Park, as the day was absolutely beautiful. I took my camera hoping for some lovely scenery photos...then I realized everything is still so brown and the pretty scenery would have to wait a couple of months. While the pictures are nothing fantastic, they do show a little of what I saw on my day of solitude...

Apparently I need pie...


Geese were bobbing up and down, seemingly enjoying the intermittent gusts of wind...


Ice was melting, moving in the wake of the rippling water, making crashing noises...

There was a mural along a path with many painted tiles...



...and this was my favorite one.


Self-portrait in the bathroom. :)

No comments: