Friday, May 15, 2009

An angel in disguise

Ross is an angel...well, not literally. He's just a guy in upper-management who knows how to get stuff done. He is one of those straight forward, tell-it-like-it-is people who are there when you need a hand. Well, he pulled through...as of Sunday I will be working from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm. He acted as a liaison between the hardship panel, scheduling, and myself in order to correctly identify what was needed from me in order to make the change happen. I followed through with some specific requests that he gave to me and by tonight my schedule change was good as gold. He even authorized an adjustment for tomorrow night so that I'm not getting home at 12:30 in the morning only to return at 8:00 that same morning. As much as I wanted to hug him and squeeze him tight, I showed my appreciation through a firm handshake and said "THANK YOU!!" with a smile.

Now onto the hard part...fighting the dad. He is not willing to give them up so easily...that's OK because I will not give up. That's what I told Amanda when my hardship was initially turned down...I will NOT give up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I am frustrated at some turns in my life, your good news makes me excited for you. This is so great for you and the kids. Keep up the great work. Fight the fight when needed, enjoy the calm when given. You are not alone, others support you in ways you may not always see or know occur. You have friends to rely upon. Everyday.