Friday, October 2, 2009

Long day

He was dressed and ready to go, all they had to do was make sure his oxygen levels were high enough and steady.  Dave's surgery for his hernia went well and by about 5:15 pm he was ready to be released.  One problem - oxygen levels weren't high enough.  He had to be at 90 or above for 15 minutes without it was he was having a hard time reaching 90 on oxygen.  The news that he had to stay did not sit well with him, as he despises staying in the hospital.  Can't say that I blame him.

He asked us to let the dogs out for a few minutes before we went home, which was no problem at all.  I miss Otis and Pixie and always enjoy a chance to see them.  Since they were both in desperate need of grooming, we packed up their kennels and some food and away we went so I could take care of them at my place.

I bathed and clipped and trimmed for what felt like forever, and the result was two of the cutest mat-free little dogs I've ever seen.  Otis is a poodle/pomeranian and Pixie is a little turd of a Yorkie.  They smell good and look decent and I'm enjoying having them around.  If I can ever get them to sit still and stop worrying about every sound that is made in the entire apartment complex, I'll post a picture of them. 

The kids finally made their way to bed around 11:00.  Yes, that is WAY past their bedtime, but hey, it's Friday!  Mark my words, Brandon will be up at the butt crack of dawn just to screw with me.  Just wait and see.  Keep your fingers crossed that they will let Dave go home soon.  Not only can I not afford to take another day off work, I don't want to see the look on his face if they make him stay another night.

Until next time...


Anonymous said...

Thank God he is home. When I called this morning he was in a foul mood. He said he was all hooked up and a mask on. Just talked to him awhile ago sounds so much better. Pain level was at a 3. As for you young lady you are to be commended for all your patience and taking off work, taking care of Dave, kids dogs. Now it is time to take care of you! you definitely have earned it. So sit back enjoy the quiet and pamper yourself. I'm sure sleep would be on the adgenda for today. God Bless Love ya Carol and Gene

The Accidental Somebody said...

Hello there!

Yes he had a very rough night so I'm sure he was in a fould mood when you talked to him. By the time we got him home he was doing really well, just struggling a little to sit down and get up.

As far as taking care of things, thank you for your kind has really been no biggie. I'll always be there to give him a hand when he needs it.

I have spent the afternoon in a quiet cool apartment, relaxing. An early bedtime is on the agenda for this evening. Hope all is well with you two!

Kim :)