Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Life imitating art


This afternoon the kids and I went and saw the movie, "The Tooth Fairy."  In case you're unfamiliar with the movie, imagine Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and his impeccable guns in a shiny blue nighty-with-wings ensemble.  In short, he gets a gig as the Tooth Fairy. 

Brandon went in, his front tooth holding on for dear life, snaggly from already being pulled halfway out.  He would hardly touch the tooth let alone wiggle it because he was afraaaaid of the paaaain!!  I swear to God, two seconds into the flick  he was vigorously wiggling and tugging, nary a wince from any "pain".

I badly wanted him to yank that thing out, partly hoping Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson would magically flap his wings and fly on out of the screen and into my lap...er I mean, come to collect B's tooth and deliver his dollar.  As much as he tried, and despite my silent muttering of I do believe, I do believe!!, Brandon did not pull his tooth and I did not get a lap dance from Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.  Ah, c'est la vie!

Anyhoo, when we got home I talked him into letting me at the damn tooth with my needle-nosed pliers.  Don't know how I did it, but he agreed.  Crazy kid!  As evidenced by the picture above, we successfully ripped that sucker from his upper jaw.  And I mean that literally.  It made a ripping sound and took a some skin with the last bit of root as a souvenir.

My boy surprised me with his trust in me after days of sealing his lips 'cause he was afraaaaid of the paaain!  I think he surprised himself a little too, realizing that he could suck it up and get it over with already.  I was hoping he would forget to put the tooth under his pillow because word has it the Tooth Fairy spent her dollar on a Mt. Dew this morning...

Where's Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson WHEN I NEED HIM?!?! 

No comments: