Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Aging

I'll be turning 35 in a couple of days, and I can't help but to think about how quickly life is passing by.  I don't feel old mentally - I still feel like a kid in my twenties with the wisdom of a woman in her thirties.  I love my thirties, wouldn't ask to be younger even for a minute.

It's just odd thinking about my parents when they weren't much older than I am now.  I remember Mom and Dad seemed so old in their forties, but then I think a bad marriage and stressful life can make a person age prematurely.

My body is feeling old, or at least I'm assuming that's what it's feeling.  My back is in constant pain and if I could get my stubborn ass in gear I would go get it x-rayed; my elbows have started to ache and it's only getting worse.  I could understand if I was doing a lot of heavy lifting but I haven't.  I picture myself becoming hunched over, plagued by arthritis and eventually becoming a living fossil.

I don't want to become a fossil...I want to live to be an old lady, playing with my kids and their kids.  I want to physically feel like the young kid my mind tricks me into thinking I am...

No comments: