Friday, October 15, 2010

First day back

Today was my first day back on the checkpoint after three weeks of being as lazy as I could possibly be.  I'm on my split right now - worked from 0500 until 0800, then I was home and out of my uniform shirt by 0805.  How cool is that?  I'm typing as I sleep, waiting for Mom to get home so she can watch Chloe and I can take a nap before I have to be back at 1030. 

I'm going to enjoy working at Cody's lil airport.  The differences between it and Denver are laughable, and far too many to write about.  I'll head back in at 1030 and join the crew that I met this morning.  They are cool people who are there to just do their jobs, and it's so laid back there I hardly feel like I'm working at all. 

By 1:30 this afternoon I'll be finished for the day, available to my kids for the rest of the afternoon/evening.  Sounds pretty awesome to me.  :) 

No comments: