Sunday, October 10, 2010

Business

I'm on a business trip... HAHAHAHAHA I'm on a business trip...hehehehehe...ahhhhhhh...  I sound so official, don't I? What?  I don't?  Yeah, it's a mystery to me too.

I am in Casper, Wyoming, for the next few days to do some training for TSA.  You see, the airports in Wyoming are small.  Wait... they are small.  In Denver I would go downstairs to train for whatever - in Wyoming I have to drive several hours and stay in a hotel for a few nights.  It gives me the giggles!

What gives me more giggles is the fact that I am not a business trip kind of girl.  I saw a crapload of business travelers every day at the airport in Denver, all business-like with their suits, their laptops, and their important phone calls.  Totally over my head.  They were important people doing important things, and I was there to make sure their toothpaste was small enough to not do bad things to an airplane. Oookaaayyy....

So here I am holed up in a hotel, my business-casual clothes ironed (OMG yes I IRONED when I got here!) and ready to be wrinkled the second I sit down.  I am so out of my element... I live in jeans and t-shirts, not slacks and blouses.  ACCCCKKK!!... there's some mom words if I've ever heard any.

This would be cool if I was staying in Manhattan and waiting for a limo to pick me up to go do my... business.   *sigh* One can wish...

No comments: