Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mantra

I am a firm believer in the Law of Attraction and I've finally narrowed my mantra down to two short sentences that work in any situation:  Everything will be ok.  I/we will be provided with what I/we need.  I am usually a professional worry wart, but as I've come to learn, worry is fear, and attracting what I fear is not what I want.

The kids had two days off of school this week and for a time I was so excited that I would get to spend a whole day with them because one of our days off coincided.  When I realized my days off had changed because of training with work, I became upset because it ruined my one full day in three months that I would have gotten to spend with them.  Amanda looked at me and said, "Don't worry Mom, everything will be ok, we'll make it work..."

Instantly I felt better.  Yes, everything would be ok.  Turned out I didn't have to be to work until 1:00 in the afternoon, so we were all able to enjoy a late night night and alarm-less morning together.  While it wasn't the entire day, we were able to savor a part of the day that's been elusive since I started working before the crack of dawn.  There's something about being able to sleep in together, piled into the same too-small bed after a night of movie-watching, that lowers the blood pressure and balances the day.

We ambled our way out of bed, had breakfast, and headed to the rec center during our morning together.  Later in the evening we laughed, had an outrageous tickle fight, and said our good-nights with happy smiles and warm hearts.

The girl has learned well and I'm especially grateful to her for keeping me in check.  Everything is ok. 

No comments: