Saturday, July 16, 2011

Rear view

It's too bad we aren't equipped with a rear-view mirror,  meaning a mirror to view our rears.  Today I set out to take some pictures of the local wild mustangs and I had this wonderful idea of getting a shot of me being out in nature, walking along the dirt road.  I pictured a view of a lone soul, getting away to clear her head and be with the wilderness, be one with ...shit I don't know it just seemed like a good idea.

What I got was certainly a view, just not what I had envisioned.  I have never been known to have a nice caboose, in fact that's my most hated feature which is why I'm usually wearing shirts large enough to cover it.  Today I didn't wear such a shirt and I'm wishing I did.  Or perhaps a burka would have sufficed.  Then only my eyes would show and as luck would have it those are my favorite features!  *Note to self...Google burka purchase.

And if you're wondering what a hatchet-ass is, imagine the mark left by a hatchet hitting a board square in the middle.  That's my ass.  My Grannie passed that ass down a couple generations, and she is in fact the person who coined the term.  So while I can thank my late Grannie's genes for giving me my sad derriere, it doesn't have to stay that way.  I've been thinking about doing another triathlon next summer in Denver - this may have just sealed the deal.   

Um.....yeah....


7 comments:

If I Were God... said...

I dropped by to check out my newest 'follower' and thank you for listing me in your hiding places. I hope you enjoy yourself when you drop by. I liked my visit here. And BTW, there's nothing wrong with your rear view; have you not been to Walmart or the DMV? Go when you want to feel like a super model!

The Accidental Somebody said...

And thank you for stopping by! I fell in love with your blog the second I stumbled onto it! Will be visiting often. :) And what a great idea, I must learn to strut my stuff at Wally World for a pick-me-up.

Kim :)

Roxy said...

Kim pah-lease. I cannot see anything wrong with your rear-view. NOTHING.
Seriously woman it's all in your head. So off you go to a mall and get yourself some colourful ass hugging jeans cos you look good. And have you ever actually seen a muffin top??? 'Cause it definitely wasn't on you.
Use what you've got to your advantage and you have a lot.

By the way LOVE your profile picture

xxx

Anonymous said...

HA! I had to use a hand mirror to check my buttocks and was not pleased.

Not at all.

I didn't know slices could get wrinkles.

*sigh*

The Accidental Somebody said...

"I didn't know slices could get wrinkles." Ahahahaha!!

Linda Medrano said...

Give me a break. Your butt looks good. Frankly, mine does too. As long as I live I will never understand why we criticize our own bodies. Like Lady Gaga says "You were born this way" and that's a good thing!

Steve Bailey said...

Its like Ive always said.... Im just more of a hatchet-ass guy.
+1 following