Saturday, October 29, 2011

The hot girl in my bed

No, Kim doesn't have any new lovers to speak of (but wouldn't that be a fun post!), because the hot girl was Amanda, sick with a fever. 

Every weekend the kids sleep in my room and watch movies while I fall asleep at the ungodly hour of 8:00 pm (just saying that is an embarrassment...no adult should be in bed that early!).  A few months ago we changed it up and one sleeps in the bed with me while the other sleeps on the floor 'cause they're just getting too big for us to all fit together.

Last night it was my girl with me, and I awakened around 11:00 to the sound of Brandon clicking away on the computer playing games.  In the glow of the light I kept looking at the person laying next to me, facing the wall.

The tiny body that was born 5lbs 15 ounces and 18 inches long nearly eleven years ago, was now stretched out at a lanky 5'1".  Standing up against my 5'10" frame she still looks quite a bit shorter than me, but laying next to her she looked incredibly grown up.

It's odd to have her slowly occupying so much more space.  I'm used to seeing the top of her head, but now she's slowly taking up that space, her beautiful face trying it's hardest to become eye to eye with me.

I am loving watching this transformation in her body as well as her mind.  As much as I know these next few years are going to suck donkey balls, what with the teenage hormones and all, I will never cease to be in awe of the woman who is emerging before my eyes.

I wouldn't miss it for the world.







 

6 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Our son is almost 14 and our daughter is almost 6 and they both take my breath away when I notice the "changes" and growth. I love them more and more every day. :-)

" Hit It......." said...

Isn't it weird to realize that they are half grown and they will be min-adults in the next ten years?

I like you look at my daughter and U an amazed at how much she is changing. I have to admit; I struggle with the emotional stuff. However, I wouldn't change it for the world.

btw - Doesn't it suck wanting to go to be so early. I used to stay up all night. Now I can't wait to be in bed by 10:00 pm.

MyInnerCheerleader said...

Such a heart-warming post. She is lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

Awww. I hope she reads this post one day. She will love it!

Sandra said...

Ya, the teens years will take it out of you, but maybe it isn't so bad with girls. And I was jealous when I read that you are asleep by 8pm! I so wish I could get away with that. It's 9:40pm and the 8 yr old is still up! Calgon take me away!

Linda Medrano said...

From the time I got divorced, my son and daughter joined me in bed every Saturday night. We drank hot chocolate, ate cookies and watched "Creature Features". (Oh I know. Someone should have called CPS.) Still, they loved it and I did too. I guess we stopped doing that when the kids reached about 10 and 13. But those were my happiest times in bed EVER.