Monday, October 23, 2017

Praise the almighty connection

We just spent the weekend getting moved into our new rental house, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm tired as balls.  We've been shorthanded at work (have I mentioned I unload a freight truck?  I seriously can't remember), so for nearly two weeks two of us have been putting in extra hours of hard labor, then on my days off I did more of the same with our own damn shit and I'm tired as BALLS.  As I began my shift this afternoon I heard a gleeful whoopdie dooo!! (his exact words) from miles away as Erik logged onto the newly connected, and much much faster, internet, and we can all finally breathe a sigh of relief as life gets back to its normally scheduled havoc.

We found a beautiful home, one big enough for Erik to have his own studio and a writing/meditation room all to myself as well.   Erik had his room set up, complete with artwork on walls and Star Wars paraphernalia on the shelves, within five minutes of moving in.  Just today I finally moved my little desk to where I want it, the room is filled with boxes, and it will probably remain a dump until the year 2035, but it won't be for my lack of effort.  I'm not sure I'll ever recover from this exhaustion and that's just the way it's gonna be.  My laptop found a tiny bit of spare space on my desk and my fingers seem to be working in spite of the mess, so I don't see a problem here.

Anyhoo, I get to go fold some laundry (not being sarcastic here, I've been doing laundry at a goddamn laundromat for seven years, and I finally have the equipment in-house an I'm stoked!), so enjoy a few pictures as a mea culpa for the incessant rambling you just managed to wade through.













No comments: