Friday, September 11, 2009

Be careful what you ask for...

This morning I was scheduled to bid for a shift at work that will last me the next six months. Knowing for a while that bid day was looming, I never allowed myself to stress about what shift I might end up with. After all, my seniority is about 91 out of 96(or something like that). Basically, I knew I was going to get leftovers and just hoped for the best.

The exact shift I needed was available to me, in duplicate no less. I was able to choose the 10:30 am until 7:00 pm shift, with the same days off that I've had for the past year or so. Having these hours will allow me to take the kids to school which will suit two purposes; the first being that I will have a couple extra hours with the kids, the second is that I will be able to take them to school. That means no before school care is necessary. Yesssssssssss. That in itself is worth its weight in gold.

Whether it's luck or the most awesome cosmic payola, every shift that I have ever had to bid for has given me exactly what I have needed. It's one scrap of life that has worked out as perfectly. (*Side note...my ordeal with the hardship committee a few months ago is completely unrelated to the bid shift process.)

As cliche as it is, everything does happen for a reason. I'm excited to find out what my new shift has in store for me...

:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is great news, Kim. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kim! Enjoy it!