Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cirque du SO AWESOME!!

Dave's birthday was last week, and when I found out Cirque du Soleil was in town, I knew we had to go. We've had the pleasure of watching every Cirque show that has come to town since we moved to Denver eight years ago, and I wasn't about to pass up another opportunity. The kids and I frequently listen to the music from various shows, so I was excited for them to be able to see what really happens when that music plays. Pure magic. KOOZA didn't disappoint...

Dave came over for some pizza and soda, and had no idea what we had in store for him. Amanda and Brandon are experts at keeping surprises, so we moved ahead with our plan.



We didn't want him to see anything, so he was a good enough sport to wear this pretty purple tye-dyed bandanna while we drove to the big top. He was giddy with excitement when he figured out the surprise.


The kids picked out a couple of masks to keep as souvenirs and I had to try Amanda's on for size. Fit perfectly...and yes, I did give it back. Eventually.



I like to refer to these two as my monsters. So apropos.



The kids loved the show, their eyes huge as they watched the elastic contortionists, the men way up on the high wire, the teeter board, and the most amazing "wheel of death." Brandon sat on my lap throughout most of the evening so he could have a better view. When the "wheel of death" act finished, he thrust his hands high into the air, held out his best little rock-and-roll hand symbols, and yelled at the top of his lungs about the awesomeness that just was...

It was a great night indeed...

:)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds great! LOVE the masks!