Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 4, why I need change

There is a reason I've chosen to make certain changes and why some need to be permanent and some will come and go. The little changes are used to shake things up a bit, to rustle me out of my daily rut. Actually now that I think about it, it's those little habits that add up and make the bigger changes harder to make. Eating breakfast is a good example. If I don't eat before I take the kids to school, I'm more likely to stop by McDonald's on my way home, spending money I need to be saving, eating foods my body could do without.

I want to cook more because I spend a ridiculous amount of money on fast food, especially at work. I'm too lazy to put together a dinner, so I just eat out and it's draining my bank account. The pot roast I cooked a few days ago has fed me many meals and I have a couple left to go.

Getting to the gym is one of the most important changes I'm trying to make permanent. Besides wanting to change how my body looks, a good workout makes me feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally. When I work out regularly I tend to drink much more water and less soda, and I naturally crave healthier foods. So it's a necessary and good change to make. So far I've only missed one day this past week which is OK...I'm aiming for at least five days a week.

I'm doing my best to keep my dishes done and my house picked up - I want to feel better in my space. I looked around my bedroom earlier and realized it would take about ten seconds to put the dirty clothes into the hamper, and another two minutes to make my bed. Easy peasy, and my room looks less like a teenager belongs in it.

Tonight when I go to work I will feel as if I've accomplished something today, with my clean kitchen, my picked-up home, and my dinner in my backpack. It may not seem like much, but to me it's huge. And it feels good!

:)

2 comments:

sc said...

I totally agree. There was a song called little things about how its the little things that kill. I think if you can make small chanes Everyday you can keep up with larger changes and challenges. Good luck, good work so far!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm I love pot roast, I'd eat it Everyday.