Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 5, feeling great!

I'm surprised I'm only on day five...I feel like I've come such a long way that I should be almost finished with my month. I feel amazing today! I just got home from the gym where I cranked out ten miles on the bike then ran two miles on the treadmill. I haven't run in a while because for some reason that activity has been difficult for me. I just haven't been able to muster the mental strength to go very far. Today I hopped onto the treadmill with endorphins already soaring through my body, so I had a runner's high almost the entire time. It was truly a great feeling!


My cooking is going well; however, my kitchen is bare and I need to shop. I haven't bought food at the airport in about a week and a half, a record for me! Eating is healthier overall, and I'm starting to see and feel small changes in my body. My legs are becoming stronger, building more muscle with every day I work out it seems. My obliques are getting tighter and pouring over the sides of my pants less and less.

All of my medications are back on track (the main ones being an adjustment in my anti-depressant and getting back on my thyroid meds), and I feel so much better mentally and emotionally. I feel capable, strong, and level-headed whereas before I felt overwhelmed, hopeless, and frustrated all of the time.

I'm gaining a sense of balance in my life with each change I make, which will help me make some important life decisions that are facing me right now. I'm grateful for every day that I have the opportunity to become a better person, woman, and most importantly, a better mother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are making huge strides Everyday. It is amazing how much changes so quickly when one is motivated to restructure and change.

Amanda said...

Yea! That is awesome, Kim. I'm so happy for you. I only wish I was doing as well as you are. (Taxes and this dumb rash have thrown me off!)

Anonymous said...

Its amazing how much better we feel when we eat right, exercise. It makes us feel better about ourselves and it really relieves the stress in our lives. Its best you get in shape mentally and physically because when we make those life changing decisions they are for a long time and maybe forever so we need to make sure they are the right ones. Have more great days! CG