Thursday, October 8, 2009

I don't need my arms anyway

I did a killer bicep workout today and I hurt!  Well, I won't really start hurting until tomorrow, but I can feel the burn already.  I did some interval training on the treadmill before I shredded my biceps, thanks to a co-worker who acts as my bad-ass coach.  He almost made me cry...almost

For the last three hours of my shift I felt useless, my arms as strong as Jell-O.  The only way I could scratch my nose was to walk around with my arms swinging to get enough momentum to whip my hand up to swat my face.  For all of you who are wondering, yes it is OK to pretend you don't know me if you see me at the airport.

Anyhoo, I'm feeling great and making tiny bits of progress.  My sides are pouring over my waistband a little less than they were a week ago.  Yay me.

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim they tell me to eat plenty of protein before working out. I guess we tear muscles and the protein helps build them back up. You probably know all this but just in case. I tried lifting 10lb weights with both hands and it hurts my hands ugh! I hate pain, I know "no pain, no gain" I love the Quantum Stride, no pain envolved very low impact good for old people!! sure does strengthen the heart. I'm also trying to keep from having a knee replacement. I know "you go girl" I am going back today don't want to but am going. Love your purserverance!! Carol

Anonymous said...

oh good grief! I am so proud of myself! (thanks to you) if you can do it so can I. I did 45 minutes on the quantum stride at 30 resistance!! hooray didn't think I was going to make it that long today and I thought of you and kept right on going. I requested water halfway but kept on trucking. I did my stretches after and finished most of those. Those darn things are as tireing as the workout!! The gym and I will meet again next tues. Monday is doc. appt day! til then Keep pumping Kim Carol

The Accidental Somebody said...

Great job Carol! Every little bit counts, just keep at it!

:)